Thursday, February 23, 2012

3 A.M

The scent of you so strong
Making my nerves tingle with sensation
A sensation never felt before
Your warm embrace and gentle touch
Embody me from within
Leaving me breathless and my heart racing like a freight train
I feel so enlightened and overjoyed to have you to be mine
To have you here by my side
Suddenly the darkness fills my surroundings
As I roll over and look at the clock
3:00 AM
I sigh fighting back the tears that have become a regular visitor
I lay there with my hands behind my head
Just letting my emotions take over once again
I think of everything that went wrong
And what could have been done to make it right
This empty void
In my life and my heart
But most of all
This empty space here beside me
Longing to be filled by your presence
This longing I have for you
It's ever present
Always a lingering thought in my mind
You were the best thing to ever happen to an average, ordinary girl like me
My love for you was like nothing I've ever felt before
How pure and true it was
Feeling so alive and new day after day
But how quickly that was to be replaced
By hatred and sorrow
But I know in the back of my mind
In the deepest crevaces of my shattered heart
I must move on someday
And leave behind all this sorrow and shed tears  

No comments:

Post a Comment